Sunday, September 25, 2011

Type O positive

Here's a little Buddhist humor for you:

If you asked me three days ago what blood type I am, I would have said B positive. That's what my mother told me and what I believed up until two days ago.

Then in the mail I received my blood donor ID card and, to my surprise, I discovered that I am in fact O positive. My mom must have gotten mixed up somehow.

Now, in case you don't know, O positive is the universal blood type, which means that anyone can use it, regardless of their blood type. Pretty cool.

Reading the card over my shoulder, my wife said, "You see, all that Buddhism is paying off: you changed your blood type from B positive to O positive! What a Bodhisattva."

Ha!--if only. But how cool would that be?

Photo borrowed from Creative Commons flickr user: MShades.

No comments:

Post a Comment